Saturday 21st January was a big Campaigning Day for members of Twickenham Labour Party.
There were two stalls in the constituency collecting signatures in support of the NHS: one in Whitton High Street, and the other at Hampton. Both stalls reported people queuing to sign in support of the NHS being given the funding it needs.
Thanks to everyone we met, especially the over 200 more people who signed our petition against the cuts
Here’s some of the things people said:
“People are very angry. They can see that the conservatives are trying to choke the NHS of funds. We have already heard this week that some GPs are suggesting charging for NHS services “
“It is clear that the conservatives are wanting long term to have an American style health care system in the UK.”
Bob Bollen said “We in the Labour Party are determined that the NHS remains free and accessible for all.”
Look out for future campaigns like this
- Stop attacking GPs - Get more GPs urgently
- Stop attacking Junior Doctors - Let them run the hospitals
- Make Social Care work properly - So bed blocking stops
- Stop making tax cuts - Stop tax dodgers - Use the money to fund the health care we need
- Keep healthcare free to all
- We bailed out the bankers - We should now bail out the NHS